Gutter guards continue to appeal to homeowners
CLEVELAND, September 30, 2021 / PRNewswire / – New Analysis from Freedonia Group Predicts Healthy Growth for $ 660 million US Gutter Guard Market to 2025, as these products continue to spread in the residential gutter and downspout market because of their ability to reduce the need to clean gutters, a tedious and potentially dangerous task:
- Sales of new single-family homes will remain the main driver of demand growth until 2025; homeowners who are trying to sell their homes can install these products to make their homes more attractive to buyers, and homeowners who have just moved in can install them to reduce maintenance on their new home.
- Home design trends that increasingly favor hip roofs requiring longer lengths of gutter and downspout products will further drive gutter protection sales growth.
- In addition, the replacement of old or worn gutters – often as part of gutter repair and replacement projects and downspouts – as well as the growing interest in value-added materials such as copper for its aesthetic appeal will stimulate the sales.
Pandemic-induced sales increase to control future growth
US demand for gutter guards is expected to grow 2.5% per year through 2025, primarily driven by new and existing home sales. Although the market continues to grow at a steady pace, the large number of units installed in 2020 and 2021 due to an increase in home improvement activities linked to the pandemic will limit new installations in the future:
- Screens and trellises will remain the leading product segment, although these products compete strongly with lower-cost hoods and covers, which hold an almost equal share of sales in linear feet.
- Among the materials, aluminum will continue to dominate due to its light weight and low cost (critical considerations for professional installers and DIY enthusiasts), but it continues to lose share in favor of plastic coated steel products. lower cost.
- Although gutter guards find some use in commercial buildings – such as restaurants, offices, and health and education facilities for a residential aesthetic – the residential market will remain the dominant driver of sales, accounting for 88% of sales. demand value gains until 2025.
You want to know more ?
Gutter guards analyzes the US demand for gutter protection by product, market, material and region. Historical data for 2010, 2015 and 2020 and forecasts for 2025 and 2030 are presented in dollars and linear feet (excluding hardware and accessories).
- meshes and screens
- hood and covers
- foams and plastic bristles
- residential (new and improvement and repair)
- commercial (new and improvement and repair)
- copper, zinc and other materials
- North East (Mid Atlantic and New England)
- Midwest (Mid-Northeast and Mid-Northwest)
- South (South Atlantic, Center-South-East and Center-South-West)
- West (Mountain and Pacific)
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyzes, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide businesses with unbiased and reliable market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a personalized search: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group