Researcher, electrochemical CO2 conversion station with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Postdoctoral positions (research fellows) are available in the group of Assistant Professor Yanwei LUM at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The objective of the project is to develop highly efficient and selective electrocatalysts for the recycling of CO¬2 waste into chemicals and fuels. Such catalysts will be integrated into electrochemical CO2 reactors at the laboratory scale where the conversion will take place. Research fellows are also expected to take an active role in guiding and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in the group.
Here are some examples of activities to be carried out within the framework of the project:
- Regularly synthesize and characterize materials for the development of new electrocatalysts.
- Preparation of samples for electrocatalytic studies.
- Apply electrochemical techniques to determine the performance of the electrocatalyst.
- Perform analysis and quantification of products using methods such as GC, HPLC and NMR.
Applicants must have obtained a doctorate in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science and engineering or related fields.
Applicants should have the following skills:
- Material synthesis for a variety of solid inorganic materials as electrocatalysts through various synthesis procedures.
- A solid understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis is essential
- Practical knowledge and experience in GC, NMR and HPLC.
- Experience in studies of operando catalysts (e.g. Raman in-situ, FTIR, etc.)
- At least 1-2 publications in leading journals (IF> 10)
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
department : Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering
Eligible for employee recommendation: No
Job Application ID: 11185